The Essential Question is: What does it take to change the world?
The Unit Questions are:
- How can choreographers and dancers bring about change within a culture?
- How do artists make audiences aware of problems within society?
- What are the steps of the choreographic process?
- Name a famous choreographer and describe his/her contributions to dance?
- How does a dancer use the elements of dance to express complex ideas?
- Identify a social ill in our society (what is a social ill? What is an example of a social ill found in our culture? What is an example of a common problem found amongst high school students?)
- What is the importance of educating the public on issues that affect our society?
- What are 10 facts you found on a social ill (common problem) while researching?
- What steps are involved in preparing for a dance performance?
- Who are all the people needed to carry out a dance performance and what do are their jobs?
...so far anyway...